PASADENA, CA - Fresh off their thriller against Concordia, the Chargers made the long trek to take on NCAA Division III Cal Tech. The Chargers played tough but fell to a tough opponent, 3-6.
In doubles, the Chargers found themselves in a strange position being down for the first time this year. Cal Tech secured points at numbers 2 and 3 doubles to take a 2-1 advantage going into singles play
"I didn't manage the time well for us in this match. We hurried from Costa Mesa to Pasadena, but that's no excuse. I felt we still played well but they played better than us this evening. I like where we are progressing and I know we'll be able to right the ship to get back to our winning ways," said Coach Jeff Benito.
Final Score: Cal Tech 6, Cypress College 3
1) Blancaneaux/Reynaud (Cyp) def. R. Pathriddy/Nguyen (CIT) 8-5
2) Li/Soohoo (CIT) def. De Wilder/Remmerswaal (Cyp) 8-5
3) S. Pathriddy/Valencic (CIT) def. Turner/Whitehill (Cyp) 8-6
1) Reynaud (Cyp) def. R. Pathireddy (CIT) 6-1, 6-4
2) Chen (Cyp) def. Valencic (CIT) 6-2, 6-4
3) Nguyen (CIT) def. Botha (Cyp) 7-5, 7-5
4) Li (CIT) def. De Wilder (Cyp) 6-4, 5-7, 10-5
5) Valencic (CIT) def. Turner (Cyp) 6-1, 6-3
6) Soohoo (CIT) def. Davies (Cyp) 6-3, 6-1
Stay connected with the Chargers through social media. Follow Cypress College Athletics on Twitter @CypressChargers. Check in with the Chargers on Facebook/CypressChargers and on Instagram @CypressChargers.